Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Finals Finally Done

Finals are finally done. Couple of grades are already in and they are fantastic! Praise God. Still waiting to hear from a few more, but all in all, I've come out of this no worse for the wear.

Looking back on this particular Finals season, I had a few moments of...utter despair. A breakdown, if you will. There was some crying involved, some freaking out, some anger. But mostly, a whole lot of prayer. My studying was dedicated to the Holy Mother, along with the intercessions of St. Thomas Aquinas and St. Joseph of Cupertino. As is fitting, it is my duty and privilege to let others know of this intercession on my behalf to the Father and His Son. So with joy and thanksgiving, thank you St. Thomas and St. Joseph (along with Blessed Pope John Paul II and my patron, St. Lorenzo) for your prayers. But most of all, thank you Mama Mary. May those who read this post know of the power of the intercession of these saints.

In honor of St. Joseph, St. Thomas, and the Blessed Virgin Mary, I offer these things for your enjoyment:

A trailer of The Reluctant Saint, a movie about the life of St. Joseph of Cupertino. I really want to watch this:



A Gregorian rendition of Adoro Te Devote, the eucharistic hymn written by St. Thomas Aquinas, typically sung during Eucharistic Adoration (click here for the Latin and English verses):


And lastly, in honor of Mama Mary, probably without a doubt, my favorite version of Salve Regina (some of you may cringe, but I still like it nonetheless. Rest assured, I intend no disrespect, it's just fun):




All praise, honor, and thanksgiving is due to the Holy and Immortal One, our Heavenly Father, for the sacrifice of His Son, for granting the intercession of his holy saints on my behalf, and for the abundance of blessings He has poured out for you and for me.

Pax vobiscum.

No comments:

Post a Comment