Friday, May 4, 2012

1 Down...That's it?!

So I've got one final done. Yet amazingly, I feel like I've been studying for a week! Ahh! FYI, in case anyone notices the time stamp on this particular post, yes...that's 6am. No, I did not get up super early to post. Yes, I have pulled another all nighter (second night in a row) and this post serves as my study break. But considering my final is at 9am, maybe I shouldn't be doing this, but oh well. Apparently, ranting is a side effect of sleep deprivation.

I'm starting to get a hang of what I want this blog to be. A chronicle of sorts of living out the college life as a Catholic, and talking about it as candidly as I can. Hence the title: Candid Catholic Collegian. Oh man, I really need sleep. But thank the Lord, after this Chem final, my next one (American Constitutional Development) isn't until Monday. This Chem final is the hardest one, so it's all downhill from here. Once this final is done, I may or may not sleep for an entire day. That is of course, as long as I don't drink one of these:


Normally, coffee doesn't do anything for me, but I am terrified of drinking one of these things. The side effects, at least for me, could be...unfortunate. So I just rely on epic music and second winds, or as I like to call 'em, slaps of the Holy Spirit. I've gotten into a better habit of always praying before I start studying, before my exams, after my exams, in the middle of studying...basically just praying when I need to. It helps. I don't know if God hears me or not, but just the simple act of praying and turning my undivided attention to him even for a few seconds gives me strength and perseverance.

Anyways, enough of my ranting, back to Thermochemistry and Quantum Mechanics. I should really look into a Catholic science student prayer.

St. Thomas Aquinas, pray for me.
St. Joseph of Cupertino, pray for me.
St, Lorenzo Ruiz, pray for me.
Blessed Pope John Paul II, pray for me.
Mama Mary, pray for me.

Peace, blessings, and restful sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment