Monday, April 2, 2012

New Blog, New Beginnings, New Life!

So I've tried blogging once before. I didn't really know what to do then. Should a blog be like an online journal (NOT a diary) of my musings and feelings for all the world to see? Or should it legitimate reflections and serious topics like so many other Catholic blogs? The first option scared me to the nth degree because it involves a large amount of vulnerability. What if people don't like what I have to say? Or worse yet, what if no one reads my blog. Then I realized, if no one reads, I don't need to worry about saying something stupid. Whew! My second realization was that this blog could be both option 1 and option 2, although I don't really know how serious or legitimate it will be, but here we go anyways!

So this is my new blog, Flippin' Catholic. Flippin' really means two things: 1) I'm Filipino, and Flip' is a weird term I once heard used to describe a Filipino and 2) I'm just blatantly Catholic. My faith and the Church permeates every aspect of my life. Despite my many, many, MANY shortcomings and problems, my faith gives me reason for being and the Church gives me the tools and resources; and all of it is ad majorem Dei gloriam! All for the greater glory of God!

This is also my new beginning. For the past year, my life has been in such great turmoil. And I've been holding it in for far too long. I told myself that Lent was going to be more for me this year. I would shed away all the old, and "die unto myself" like the Gospel says. And at the end of it, at Easter, would be the start of my new beginning. So brothers and sisters, I humbly ask for your prayers, because I don't know how good of a job I've done so far. And I need this, I need to start over.

And with my new beginning, at Easter, we each will be reminded of the New Life that we are called to, and have been brought to by the saving and redeeming sacrifice of Good Friday and the resurrection of Easter Sunday.

May this Easter be the renewal of your faith. May we each be blessed with the strength to actively strive for that New Life. May the Almighty this blog, my new beginning, and all your lives.

Pax vobiscum

No comments:

Post a Comment